MMO Blog Alliance 2009 Charity Drive
While we wittle away the hours playing our favorite MMO, or ranting about nerfed DPS in various game forums. There are kids and adults in our own country that spend those hours hoping to find food, or who are too sick to get out of bed and need daily treatments in hospitals across America.
Epic Slant has started a great charity drive. It’s just the drive, you pick the charity. We, I, encourage you to give a little something to those less fortunate due to economic or medical situations.
I have a small image in the top right of my blog for “Child’s Play”. Clicking the image takes you to their website. Child’s play offers toys, games, and other activities to children in hospitals.
Since 2003, over 100,000 gamers worldwide have banded together through Child’s Play, a community based charity grown and nurtured from the game culture and industry. Over 5 million dollars in donations of toys, games, books and cash for sick kids in children’s hospitals across North America and the world have been collected since our inception.
There are many good charities out there. I’m not pressuring you to choose a particular one, but to just choose to donate to one.
Other MMO bloggers have done the same, and support this very worthy cause.
- Spinks of Spinksville has selected Shelter to sponsor. It is a UK based charity that helps the homeless.
- Slurms from Multiplaying is supporting Child’s Play this year. Child’s play gives toys and money to children in hospitals around the world.
- Stabs of Stabbed Up has decided to support Amnesty International this year. AI supports human rights around the world!
- Syp has thrown Bio Break’s support behind Susan G. Komen for the Cure (breast cancer).
- Youngblood from Incoming Pull has decided to support Child’s Play!
- Ardua is supporting Child’s Play on his blog Echoes of Nonsense. Check out his post!
These are all good causes, and there’s no better time than now to get involved. MMO gamers are really rallying behind this, and this Christmas season can see an enormous amount of help for people in desparate times.
MMO Bloggers! If you’d like to participate. Check out Epic Slant’s post to help link everyone together.
Thank you to all who have donated and helped save someone’s life.